HERBIE HANCOCK feat. NORAH JONES - COURT AND SPARK



Music by Joni Mitchell
Lyrics by Joni Mitchell

Norah Jones - vocals
Herbie Hancock - piano
Wayne Shorter – tenor and soprano sax
Dave Holland – bass
Lionel Loueke – guitar
Vinnie Colaiuta – drums

Love came to my door
With a sleeping roll
And a madman’s soul
He thought for sure I’d seen him
Dancing up a river in the dark
Looking for a woman
To court and spark

He was playing on the sidewalk
For passing change
When something strange happened
Glory train passed through him
So he buried the coins he made
In people’s park
And went looking for a woman
To court and spark

It seemed like he read my mind
He saw me mistrusting him
And still acting kind
He saw how I worried sometimes
I worry sometimes

All the guilty people, he said
They’ve all seen the stain-
On their daily bread
On their christian names
I cleared myself
I sacrificed my blues
And you could complete me
Id complete you

His eyes were the color of the sand
And the sea
And the more he talked to me
The more he reached me
But I couldn’t let go of L.A.
City of the fallen angels

1 σχόλια:

ΠΑΝΟΣ

Είσαι μεγάλη γαμιόλα! είχα ετοιμάσει το ποστ και καλά που μπήκα πρώτα εδώ. Αναγκάστηκα να το αλλάξω! Δε βαριέσαι, κομματάρα της Τζόνι.

Return top